Burmese cat: breed description, color
The Burmese cat is large, the body is muscular, powerful, slightly elongated, slightly squat.
Pictured: Burmese cat
The legs are short, strong.
Paws are very large, rounded, fingers tightly compressed. Paw pads are pink.
The tail length is medium. The tail is well pubescent, especially at the end.
The head is massive, rounded, the forehead is convex, the cheeks are round and full, the cheekbones are well developed, and the chin is strong. The nose is small. The color of the tip of the nose should be in harmony with the dark marks. The width of the ears at the base is equal to their height, the tips of the ears are slightly rounded.
The eyes are round, the color of the eyes of a Burmese cat is bright blue.
The coat of a Burmese cat is silky, long and straight, only on the abdomen a little wavy. Burmese cats do not have an undercoat and a special coat structure, so that it does not fall off. The neck is decorated with a magnificent “collar”, legs - “panties”.
Color Burmese cats very peculiar. Burmese cats are similar in color to Siamese, but the paws of Burmese cats are white, as if wearing gloves and boots. This is probably due to the fact that a cat - carrier of the white spotting gene participated in the breeding.
The fur of Burmese cats is uniformly light, with the exception of marks in certain places (ears, mask on the face, tail and legs). The mask should cover the entire face.
The main colors of Burmese cats:
- Chocolate Point (chocolate marks): chocolate brown marks.
- Strength point (black marks): the body is pale golden, and the marks are dark brown, sometimes turning black.
- Lilac Point (Lilac Marks): Marks of pearl gray. In this case, the nasal pad should be lilac-pink. The body color of the Burmese cat in this case is magnolia-cream, light.
- Blue point (blue marks): This color of Burmese cats is similar to a force point, but the marks are bluish-gray, and the body is white with a bluish tint. Eye color - deep blue.
- Blue tortie tabby: blue with cream tortie color is combined with porcelain-blue eyes, which gives the cat an unearthly look.
The color of the Burmese kittens at birth is plain light, markings appear after a few months.