The 8 most fun animal marriage rituals .ru
Spring is a time of love, and many animals during this period are preoccupied with finding a couple and procreation. An integral part of this process is courtship games. What kind of fun marriage rituals do animals have?
In the photo: bird of paradise. Photo: google
- Hippos. These giants, seemingly so clumsy and peaceful, are some of the most dangerous representatives of the animal world. However, male aggression does not extend to females. However, these giants are far from the usual romance. To attract the female, the hippo males are emptied into the river, after which they spray water to “convey the message” to the lady of the heart.
- Camels. An excited camel gives off a lot of saliva, which hangs from the mouth with white foam. In addition, the male in love also inflates bubbles. A female simply cannot resist such beauty!
- Frigates. Frigates are birds that live in the tropics. To attract a partner, the male inflates a throat sac - a red bubble, which, with some imagination, we can even take for a heart. In addition, the ritual includes mating singing and flapping. The female, as a sign of favor, rubs against the throat bag of the male head.
- Porcupines. Porcupines do not have time for foreplay: the females of these animals can mate only for 8 to 12 hours once a year. To understand whether the girlfriend is ready for mating, the male stands on his hind legs and pours her urine. If the female shows favor, then the offspring should be.
- Fishing spiders. Everyone loves gifts, and these creatures are no exception. To earn the right to marriage, the male brings the female an offering - a carcass wrapped in silk. True, skeptics claim that this is only a way to avoid the fate of being eaten, but these people do not understand anything in romance!
- Birds of paradise. Males of this species arrange a delightful mating dance in honor of their partner, and this is an amazing sight.
- Huts. The males of these birds are skilled builders who erect complex structures, decorating them with flowers, shells, berries, coins, glass or plastic beads. Females are quite picky, so males have to try to please their girlfriends.
- Sage Grouse. The mating ritual of these birds is a wonderful dance. In a special place (it is called “current”), the males fluff feathers, sway and demonstrate their attractiveness in every way. Ladies portray the public: gather around to choose the one, the only one.
You might also be interested in: 10 facts about dogs that you did not know!